High Protein Chocolate Lava Cake
While this isn’t exactly contest food, this Chocolate Lava cake has a lot more protein and way less sugar than the regular recipe. Great with a coffee on a winter’s day. You could get super creative if you have too much time on your hands and make the "Lava Cake" in the picture above.
- 4 tablespoons Peanut Butter
- 30 grams dark chocolate, chopped
- 30 grams dark chocolate broken into 4 pieces
- 6 packets Stevia
- 2 large eggs
- 2 Scoops Proflex Chocolate Protein powder
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Microwave the Peanut butter and chopped chocolate in a large bowl, stopping to stir often, until melted, about 1 minute.
- Whisk Stevia, eggs, cocoa, vanilla and salt into chocolate mixture until smooth. In separate bowl, combine almond flour, protein powder and baking powder. Whisk the flour mixture into the chocolate mixture until combined.
- Divide batter evenly between 4 (6-ounce) ramekins or mugs. Press 1 chocolate piece into the centre of each cake.
- Microwave at 50 percent power for 45 seconds. Cake should be slightly wet around edges of mug and somewhat drier toward the centre.
- Let cake rest for 2 minutes.