This is an old favourite from our good friend Kelly White. A great dessert for the warmer summer months....or winter...and spring!.
Ingredients (makes 4 serves)
- 1 tin (400ml) Pandaroo lite coconut milk
- 2 eggs
- 20g cornflour or coconut Flour
- 3 scoops (90g) Proflex low carb vanilla protein powder
- 1-2 tsp stevia
- Dash vanilla extract
- Pour coconut milk into saucepan and reserve about 100mls….place the saucepan over low to medium heat and heat the milk until just at its simmering point.
- Meanwhile whisk the egg, vanilla and stevia together well in a separate bowl – try and get as much air in there as you can
- When the milk is ready, pour it over the egg mixture whilst whisking continuously
- Pour the mixture back into the saucepan and continue whisking until the custard comes to its simmering point (the custard should start to thicken here)
- With the reserved coconut milk, add the cornflour and mix thoroughly so that there are no lumps then add the mixture in a thin stream to the custard whilst whisking continuously.
- Continue whisking until the custard is at your desired consistency and remove from heat immediately.
- Let the custard cool slightly and then stir in the protein powder
Nutritional Information per serve