Low Carb Mexican Breakfast Bowl
This is a great way to get some quality nutrients in while having a break from the traditional breakfast meals like oats.
- 60g egg whites (2 x egg whites)
- 1 whole eggs (50g)
- 50g chopped ham
- 60g black or kidney beans
- 30g Bega 50% less fat cheese
- 50g chopped cherry tomato
- 20g diced red onion
- 50g choppped cucumber
- 30g avacado sliced
- 50g chobani plain yogurt
- Wedge of lime or lemon
- Chopped corriander (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Makes 1 serve.
- Cook egg and egg whites in a hot pan (spray with oil)
- Empty cooked eggs into a bowl, then lightly heat up beans and ham in same pan. Add heated beans and ham to eggs.
- Sprinkle cheese, tomato, cucumber and onion on top
- Garnish with dollop of chobani, corriander and a squeeze of lime/lemon
Approximate macros per serve:
Protein: 43g Fat: 18g Carbs: 14g Calories: 405