9. Staying Regular
Digestion is the foundation of your Health, Vitality and Performance. Over the past few decades our understanding of the digestive system, the bacteria in it and the interactions with every other system/process in your body has improved exponentially. We would have to write a book or three to do the topic any real justice. Today I’ll just focus on a super easy 5 step process to incorporate into your day to ensure your digestive tract is doing it’s thing and you are going to the toilet regularly.
- Stress Reduction and Serotonin release: Serotonin is found primarily in the stomach and intestines. It helps control your bowel movements and function. Research shows that microbes in the gut help produce serotonin. This production might be disrupted when the gut bacteria, is disturbed because of stress, diet, or medication. We will assume medication is occasional as directed and you are getting on top of your diet, then the next thing we need to regulate is Stress response. Life is ALWAYS going to throw you some curve balls and one of the health destroying qualities of high stress is constipation. You will face hurdles each day and your ability to stay flexible and remain present will directly affect whether you POOP properly today.
- Fresh Fruit and Vegetables: Is there any thing fresh fruit and vegetables can’t do? It tastes great, wonderful source of fibre, packed full of vitamins, minerals and Phyto nutrients and they can keep you fuller on a restricted calorie eating plan. I once saw a fruit & vegetable platter dive into a flooded river and save a family of five from drowning! Ok, I may have exaggerated that one a little but by now we all should know from experience how regular intake of fruit and vegetables makes us feel better. At least 6 serves a day.
- Glutamine: Helps protect the lining of the digestive tract. The digestive system and some components of your immune system work together. If your digestive health is impaired then eventually your immune system will be compromised. I usually take 10g in the morning with water. This Should be your 3rd step in healthy Digestion.
- Water: Is Life. You will need between 1.5 to 4 litres of water per day depending on your size and energy expenditure. Water is essential for every process in your body including the removal of waste products.
- Magic Mornings: If the first 4 steps don’t get things moving along then it’s time for some Magic…. Magic Mornings. This is a blend of time tested Ayurvedic herbs, minerals and vitamins proven to reduce bloat and get your digestive system functioning properly. When I road tested this product nothing much changed for the first 2 days. On the third day everything was back to normal and now I feel I only need the product every 2nd day to keep me regular. The first four steps should work completely or at least positively contribute. If all else fails, Magic Mornings will provide a natural method to correct the No Poopies Problem.
There you have it, 5 steps to staying regular and ensuring your health and performance are on point.